When should I get my bag for the hospital ready?

I would like to if getting the bag ready now is too early and if so when would be a great time? I am 25 weeks pregnant

HuntersMama09

Asked by HuntersMama09 at 3:12 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm in the last month and haven't even begun to pack yet. I think with my first I was all packed and ready to go by week 30 or something. :)
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 3:14 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Its never to early because you never know.
    Im 35 weeks and I just packed mine last night.
    Chas21

Answer by Chas21 at 3:21 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• im 36 weeks and havent packed yet. I prolly should with everything thats going on with my body right now lol..i prolly wont do it though...because i have an ultrasound scheduled for next monday seeing as how my belly is measuring 31 weeks when im 36 weeks...ugh..i have terrible luck..seriously lol...

but i suppose i could start packing..just i HATE being wayyy too early...
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 3:24 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Start making a list of things you would like to have. It is a little early now but in the event sonething should happen a list wil make it easier to get things together. Also you can take the list into one of your appointments or on a tour of the birthing facilities and go over it with your doctor/nurses to see if any of it is off limits or what they reccomend. Definetly have it packed by 37 weeks though!

Good Luck and dont forget to add "going home shirt" on your list, it was the one thing I forgot for myself...
    MarchMarie

Answer by MarchMarie at 3:28 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I had mine done at 36 weeks. that way it was ready but i wasnt staring at it waiting to bring my baby home
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 3:30 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• my dr told me to be ready at 34 weeks. i am haveing twins so i have to be ready early
    twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 5:33 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I had my bag packed at 34 wks. I am currently 37 wks.
    newmom2be202

Answer by newmom2be202 at 6:33 PM on Mar. 23, 2009