What's a good book to read to learn how to put baby to sleep?

I know this has been asked before, but it's been a while, so I'm looking for more answers. Can anyone recommend a good book to learn how to put infant to sleep? I know all babies are different, but, I'm still curious as to what's worked for you mommies.

Orchid7

Asked by Orchid7 at 3:13 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I didn't read a book, but learned through trail and error. As you said, every baby is different. My nephew could be put down drowsy and put himself to sleep without a paci or anything - what a dream! My daughter like to be rocked to sleep. Many will say it is a bad habit, but I don't mind it and know that it won't last forever. If you aren't opposed to helping them to sleep then just try different things. Nursing to sleeping, paci, rocking, walking, bouncing, rubbing their back or maybe just putting them down swaddled. Best of luck!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 3:17 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• You Don't Have to let Your Baby Cry by Terry Woodford
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 3:21 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Baby Wise is one I"ve been reading but I'm not so sure it's realistic. They say just to let them cry but it has not worked for me.
    Anonymous

• I didn't read a book. For my son, I just put him in bed with me and he snuggles in and falls asleep. Then I put him in his crib.
    marbear98

Answer by marbear98 at 4:08 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Reading is wonderful. It can be a bonding experiance with your children. With mine, when they were babies, I used soft melodies or nature sounds found on a cd or one of those mobiles that attatch to the side of the crib. You could use a cd player like a small one and put it on the night stand next to the bed. Water sounds work wonders because it sounds like your tummy when you were pregnant. As my kids got older, reading became every other night, just to get them used to falling asleep without the binkie or bottle. But use what is comfy for you and your baby. As for a good book, I loved using the Bible Stories book, you know which one.
    JafraMom

Answer by JafraMom at 1:12 PM on Mar. 26, 2009