Baby Wise.

Anyone implement the Baby Wise philosophy on a 3-week old? My daughter is almost 3 weeks and according to the book, you can start as early as 2 weeks, but that seems pretty unrealistic. Has anyone successfully followed that schedule on a newborn so soon? If you did use it, at what age?

danielp

Asked by danielp at 3:27 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't know what babywise is, but, some babies love scheduling and can benefit from one. My child was one that loved a schedule. I knew when to have a bottle ready and he never fussed because it was on the schedule that he sort of helped put himself on.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:37 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Just make sure you read the WHOLE book thoroughly and talk to the pediatrician first.. Not done properly it can be dangerous for the baby and detrimental to breastfeeding.

I wouldnt use this personally but all the power to you if you want to.
    MarchMarie

Answer by MarchMarie at 3:45 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Please don't use this method. It can be detrimental to breastfeeding and your relationship with your LO. Dr Ezzo's methods are warned against by the AAP. So please do your research, and use your BEST judgment if you decide to adapt his methods.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 3:52 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• DO NOT USE BABY WISE. IT'S NOT ONE BIT HELPFUL TO THE BABY AND OFTEN HARMFUL.
    Anonymous

• Gary Ezzo is nothing but a snakeoil salesman who has PROFIT on his mind and NOT the well being of infants. Stay away from all of the GFI materials. Far away.
    Anonymous