Would you NOT want you OB to check your cervix at every visit?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I actually had mine checked at 37, 38 and 39 weeks and I really wished I hadn't. I got frustrated because every time it was the same thing. 1-2 cm, no change. I had my baby on the day of my 40 week appointment.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 3:36 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• mine dont.
    Anonymous

• I don't know if this is normal or not but my cervix got checked once through my whole preganacy. It was a week before my due date. That was it.
    Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 3:34 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• mine doesnt...well since i was 30 weeks up until now they check it all the time becaues i was in preterm labor once so theyre checking up everytime i go...usually its not nessacary because they know your Cervix is fine UNLESS something happens like blood, contractions, mucus plug, water breaking that sort of stuff...
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 3:34 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I was not checked at all with my dd. I go to a midwives group and they give you the option. There is no real point in getting checked except to know where you stand. It didn't matter to me, I knew I would go into labor when my body was ready.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 3:38 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Didnt have mine checked til I was 40 weeks... In fact they asked me if I wanted to, its not routine for them to check at all where I go.
    MarchMarie

Answer by MarchMarie at 4:13 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I was never checked with my oldest until I was at 40 weeks and then I was checked at that appt and my 41 week appt and wasn't checked again until I was in labor. My next two were scheduled c-sections and I was never checked.
    SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 4:38 PM on Mar. 23, 2009