Pain medication usage in pregnancy.

My kids are 5 & 8 so it's been a little while since I went through pregnancy, but I didn't think it had been long enough for them to change their safety recommendation from Tylenol to Ibuprofen. Where was I and when did they do that?
Which one did your doctor recommend?

Tygermommanikki

Asked by Tygermommanikki at 3:38 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• never take ibuprofen while pregnant expecially in your first and last trimesters. im pretty sure its always been that way.
    Tylenol is the only thing you should be taking.
    Anonymous

• You can only take tylenol!
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 3:45 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Even here in england you arnt supposed to take ibuprofen. Only paracetamol.
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 3:52 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• One of my friends is pregnant and her dr told her Tylenol is a no no and put her on Ibuprofen 800mg 2 times a day ... I went online and Tylenol's website says only see dr if pregnant, and I found this on ibuprofen ....http://www.drugs.com/ibuprofen.html.........Do not take more of this medication than is recommended. An overdose of ibuprofen can cause damage to your stomach or intestines. The maximum amount of ibuprofen for adults is 800 milligrams per dose or 3200 mg per day (4 maximum doses). Use only the smallest amount of ibuprofen needed to get relief from your pain, swelling, or fever. FDA pregnancy category B. This medication is not expected to be harmful to an unborn baby during early pregnancy. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant during treatment. However, taking ibuprofen during the last 3 months of pregnancy may result in birth defects.
    Tygermommanikki

Answer by Tygermommanikki at 5:05 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• my dr told me only tylenol.
    twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 5:17 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• http://www.fitpregnancy.com/yourpregnancy/food_nutrition/40724617.html
    twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 5:20 PM on Mar. 23, 2009