What are some ways I can make money using SMC?

I have tried just passing out fundraisers to friends and family. I do not have the money to set up a website. I have tried ebay, there were absolutely no bids. Are there any ways to sell the merchandise out of catalogs without having to buy it first? I have no extra money at all. I have been a member of SMC for over a year now, with no sales at all. I really need some advice on how to get some stuff sold, we are hurting badly. I cannot get a job outside of the home because my husband works more than 14 hours a day 5 days a week and we cannot afford childcare (we have 8 children). If anyone can help me here it would be so greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!
Sarah Howard

starah9

Asked by starah9 at 3:56 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Money & Work

• Have you considered anything else? I've heard that SMC is difficult to work, especially if you cannot afford the inventory and/or do not have an existing storefront/customer base to sell to.
    If looking for a JOB, what are your marketable skills and previous experiences? If you are looking for a BUSINESS, go with your passions, things that interest and motivate you the most. Build a list and use that to begin your search. General rule of thumb: Never pay for a job (businesses, on the other hand, usually involve some expenses).

Find a rep to contact, check out their websites, ask questions, do your own independent research. Check resources such as www.bbb.org for potential scams. I also have several resources for finding legitimate work from home opportunities in my "Working Mom Entrepreneurs" group here on Cafemom.
    nuwave06

Answer by nuwave06 at 5:52 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I know a number of people that have gotten involved with SMC. NONE of them have made any money. And most have quit... I didn't get involved because I couldn't figure out how to sell that stuff either. I would say look in to setting up an online store. There are a number of places where you can set them up, then you would have to advertise... Honestly that might be your only chance...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:01 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• what is smc
    partiesbyjan

Answer by partiesbyjan at 7:02 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• SMC is worthless. It wasted my time.
    Anonymous

• Hello

Well in the Beginning I used to sell SMC and Had Home Parties.

Also I did the Local Fairs in Town and it Worked for Me. Also once you become a Member you can use there Graphics so I posted many Items on Ebay Which sold o.k.

However that was years o.k. Since then I now have my Resale license and purchase my Items direct from Manufacturers.

But its Really Good for Fund Raisers and Home Parties.

Food for though Nana

DaybyDaynana

Answer by DaybyDaynana at 12:49 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I'm not familiar at all with SMC, but I do work from home with a company that doesn't require me to carry any inventory - I just purchase what I want for my own home. If you are not making any money, it probably isn't the right company for you. If you would like to chat about what I do, feel free to sign in at HealthyHome4All.com.
    TeaAnderson

Answer by TeaAnderson at 5:22 PM on Mar. 24, 2009