Will my homeowners insurance pay?

We noticed the other day a few spots on our ceiling. My husband got to looking and our roof has been leaking, ALOT and we had no idea until a few days ago. He got to checking things out and noticed mold/mildew growing on the walls! He took out a few pieces of sheetrock and noticed mold growing inside the walls also! I'm guessing this could be the reason my daughters allergies has been awful! It's a mess.... Does anyone know if homeowners insurance would cover something like this? I figure that we will have to replace the roof, windows, carpets, sheetrock, insulation and who knows what else, this is so aggraviating!!!!

TammyG.

Asked by TammyG. at 4:00 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Home & Garden

• We had a slow leaking pipe in our kitchen that we were unaware of until it finally saturated the cabinets and wall. Our insurance company paid for the clean up and had a company check for mold. No mold was present, so they paid for a kitchen remodel. We were afraid that they wouldn't pay for it, but they classified it as water damage. I personally saw mold, but I guess it all depends on the quantity of it. You could always call your own mold company to check for the presence of mold before calling your insurance company...
    jacobsmom707

Answer by jacobsmom707 at 4:24 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• The easiest thing is to call and ask. Our policy says something about it doesn't pay for mold if caused by one thing but does if caused my another. It is so confusing trying to read and understand what it is saying. Good Luck
    Anonymous

• Each policy is different & the Words can say Yes & no all in one Sentence. So its Best to call & see! Did you have Snow & ice Build up? Like an Ice Dam? Or is it an old Roof? I hope it is coevered too many times we were denied! So many times its an act of God. Uncovered!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 6:34 PM on Mar. 23, 2009