what is the point of wearing shapewear exactly?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:03 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Well, if you're overweight like me it smooths out the extra bulges and bumps that I hate. I still may look the same size, but I feel better about myself because I'm " corseted" in to a point.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 4:06 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Some of it is great for smoothing lumps under certain types of fabric, but some of it holds in one area while squeezing fat from another area making it look weird.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 4:37 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I like to wear it because I am trying to lose weight. I makes me less jiggly under certain fabrics.
    SyndiB

Answer by SyndiB at 9:46 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• it smoothes bumps and makes things less jiggly. Excellent stuff for after giving birth, because it kind of trains you to hold your tummy in, which increases tone.

Don't bother with a really cheap one though.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:41 AM on Mar. 24, 2009