Do I really need to boil the bottles and binkis?

Why couldn't I just use hot soapy water instead of boiling them?

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 4:14 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• before the first use you do need to boil them because of certain oils they put on them but after that I usually just wash them off with hot water and store them in a clean container just for the nipples...check on them from time to time to see if they need to be replaced usually around 3 months or so some people go six months before replacing them, but since pacifiers are sold in 3 month intervals usually I just replace them every three months as for bottle nipples I replace them in size intervals ( I use the Avent disposable bottles).. .....with my first son I boiled everything on a regular basis but after him I slowed down and everyone else has been just fine....
    a_ramli05

Answer by a_ramli05 at 5:00 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• That's all I used.....dnt tell OK!!!
    Anonymous

• You can...but it's probably not a good idea. You can put them in the dishwasher or you can get a microwave sterilizer. The water has to be so hot for them to get sterilized that it would probably burn you if you hand washed them.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 4:19 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• just the first time...
    MarchMarie

Answer by MarchMarie at 4:21 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• i boil them when i first get them....and hand wash hot soapy water after uses and at 3m i boil them again, and at about 6m i replace them if they look compromised, and there ya go the cycle repeates.
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 4:32 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• i use glass bottles and i rinse them in vinegar water. and that's just because it helps them from being dingy looking. and vinegar is a sanitizer as well.

twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 5:13 PM on Mar. 23, 2009