Any cures for really bad nausea?

I'm pregnant & I need something that will make my nausea go away. I've tried the saltine cracker, it only helps a little bit. I tried the "Sea-band", I think that actually made it worse for me. I really need something that works, my nose is really sensitive almost everyone I smell at work makes me nauseated. Let me know what works for you?

bri09

Asked by bri09 at 4:17 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Eat. Eat small quantities of food every hour or so instead of 3 large meals.
    jacobsmom707

Answer by jacobsmom707 at 4:19 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Suck on peppermint candy.

Nothing worked for me though:( Good luck.
    Anonymous

• licorice root- worked for me
    casd

Answer by casd at 4:32 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• my doctor had to perscribe me a pill my nausea was so bad. I am 17 weeks with my second child and have lost 10lbs and gained 4 of it back.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 4:38 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• i tried zofran, and scopolomine- "i just spelled it how it sounds" its the little patch you put behind your ear- didn't do much for me, although some people swear by that little patch.
    casd

Answer by casd at 4:45 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• make sure that you are eating and when you feel the nausea coming on pop a sweet tart candy in your mouth and breath in deep and slow and let it out slow. it helps me a lot. actually with my first baby i was so sick and could hold anything down and my dr sent me to a nutrition counselor and she told me that's what she tells girls that are anorexic and there bodies reject food.  i was not anorexic i just hand not been able to hold anything down in so long my body would reject food as well.

twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 5:02 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Try something with ginger ini it, thats what i did, and these things called C bands, they work ALSOME!
    HuntersMama09

Answer by HuntersMama09 at 5:41 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Ginger ale was my best friend :)! Try anything with ginger in it...Hope it works for you.
    happymom0724

Answer by happymom0724 at 6:20 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I used the sea bands and they were awesome. I assume you put them on correct.
    But you can also try ANYTHING with ginger..
    Your OB can prescribe you nausea medications. But don't waste your money on Preggie pops they don't work.
    newmom2be202

Answer by newmom2be202 at 6:23 PM on Mar. 23, 2009