Who has or will do this?

Use room temp water for you babies bottles? Just let the gallon of water sit out and use it as needed.... a daycare did this that I worked at and I thought it was a god idea. Any opinions?

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 4:29 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was always told never to leave water in a bottle sitting out if the bottle has been opened, warm water is a wonderful place for bacteria to grow. Yuck.
    Anonymous

• i dont see whats wrong with that. babies really dont need their bottles warm. thats just something people started doing long ago there is no reason for it. your breastmilk is only room temp.
    my dr told me there is no reason to make a babies bottle warm. they digest it the same warm or cold. id think room temp is just fine although i suppose some babies are picky and like their milk warm.
    Anonymous

• ive used just lukewarm tap water i dont think its a big difference we have a filter on the sink
    Anonymous

• I have with both kids.. Why not??? I just opend it up and pourd... I try not to make things to hard on myself..LOL
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 4:33 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I did it and my dd is just fine. She was such a bottle hog that the water didn't sit around too long! LOL
    mommy2karsyn

Answer by mommy2karsyn at 4:43 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• We used nursery water w/ my son and left it out at room temp, he took it fine and is healthy. Plan on doin the same thing w/ this one too.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 4:47 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• for both of my kids i would fill there baby bottles for the day with bottle water. then when it came time to feed them all i had to do was add the powder and shake it up and was ready to go. they only thing that you need to watch is to make sure that if you didnt used all the water in the baby bottles then wash them anyway so that you dont used bad water. but i knew my baby would drink so many bottles a day so i never had that problem. so room temp water is fine.

twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 4:51 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I didn't know people put it in the fridge. Hm.

Anon- "your breastmilk is only room temp." Maybe I'm just dumb, but how is breast milk room temperature? o.O I know my body temp is not 70..
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 4:53 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• lol Sandra...
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 5:02 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• When I use water I get the infant water with flouride in it and I just leave it out on the counter.....the only time I ever warmed a bottle was when I pre made bottles and had them in the fridge or had to defrost breast milk asides from that I have never warmed a bottle and my children all took it just fine.....On another note I had a friend whose baby (infant) actually wouldn't drink formula unless it was cold I had never come across a child like this before...
    a_ramli05

Answer by a_ramli05 at 5:07 PM on Mar. 23, 2009