what can i do ...

i went to a wic appointment and she took my blood and told me i had low iron what can i take to get it were it's supposed to be at becausre i take my prenatls and all but im guessing those arent enough

Love_My_Lil_One

Asked by Love_My_Lil_One at 4:36 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i had to take iron pills...just ask ur doctor to prescribe u with some...thats what they did for me...
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 4:40 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I had low iron too. My doctor told me to take an iron pill in addition to my prenatals. I got them from the dollar store and he said they were just the right dosage.
    MomOf2Turds

Answer by MomOf2Turds at 4:41 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• eat some spinach or take an iron pill
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 4:41 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Google "iron rich foods" or "add iron to your diet" or other search phrases like those to get ideas on how to add iron to your diet. Or get a supplement, but the supplements always made me very constipated so I would try to address it throught diet first.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 4:45 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• you need to make an appointment to go in and have your dr check your iron. wic also told me that my iron was low and when the dr took my blood it was not low. also when you dd was about 6 mo old wic checked her iron and told me that it was dangerously low and i rushed her to the er and they checked it and it was find as well. i dont see how those stupid people at wic are going around telling people they have low iron they are not even a dr. most of them are not even RN

twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 4:45 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• ohh and by the way too much iron is just as dangerous as not enough.

twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 4:46 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• My OB had to put me on an iron supplement (iron pills). If you are like me taking an iron supplement and prenatals aren't enough you may still need to eat iron enriched foods such as mustard greens.
    newmom2be202

Answer by newmom2be202 at 6:19 PM on Mar. 23, 2009