Has anyone experienced loosing lots of hair during the first weeks of their pregnancy?

I am about 3-4 weeks pregnant and have been loosing a ton of hair the last couple of weeks. Did anyone experience this in the beginning of their pregnancy? I lost a lot of hair after my first pregnancy but not in the beginning like this. Its all over my floors, carpets, on my pillow and bed in the morning when I wake up, tons of it in the shower after I wash my hair. Is this normal?

CarolinaQ

Asked by CarolinaQ at 4:44 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i lost alot of hair with my first pregnancy, and i kept losing hair until after i had my daughter. No vitamins or diet change helped, and the doctor said not to worry about it because everything was fine and it's somewhat commmon. Each woman's body reacts differently to being pregnant. This time in the beginning of my pregnancy i was losing alot of hair as well. The only thing that seemed to help is i wouldn't brush it quite as often. If i wasn't going anywhere to important i would just spray in detangler so it didn't get to tangley and then pull it back in a pony tail. That has seemed to help because the more i messed with it, the more it fell out, so i would just brush it about every other day, and typically only once a day, and that has seemed to help alot.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 5:49 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• my boyfriend is losing his hair and im the pregnant one =P he's only 22yrs old lol..i think i stress him out! lmfao

take prenatal vitamins....they usually help keep ur hair in ur head =]

also ive heard of women growing a ton of hair rather than losing it lol
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 4:45 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Even with the vitamins my hair still fell out. My OB siad it's normal but not typical.... go figure. It does suck though, mine was pretty bad for a while. It just stopped and I'm almost 39 weeks
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 4:49 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I would put a call in to your doc. Hair loss can be a sign of an uderlying issue like a problem with your thyroid. The thyroid does get kinda wacky during pregnancy and post baby so get checked out just to be safe. Could be nothing but better safe than sorry
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 5:10 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Me and my best friend have lost a lot of hair since we got pregnant lol, its just sucks but no worries
    HuntersMama09

Answer by HuntersMama09 at 5:33 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• i am 36 weeks pregnant and now my hair is falling out when i comb it, i dont know why it is happening but it is and it didnt do it with my first child, so hair falling out is something new to me, go ask your doctor but i have heard its very normal
    dbarkley101306

Answer by dbarkley101306 at 10:10 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• With my first pregnancy my hair was fuller and grew faster. I'm about four weeks now and I also have noticed I'm losing my hair. I'll have to ask my doctor about this on my first visit.
    Gelijones

Answer by Gelijones at 11:28 PM on Mar. 23, 2009