How can I pinpoint the problem ?

My son just had his 1 year old check up and he had blood drawn for CBC (anemia) and Lead screening. I got his results today and his level is 13 (the doctor doesn't like to see it over 9). How can I pinpoint the problem ? What can I do about the elevated lead level in my 1 yr. old ? Any suggestions ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:50 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Kids' Health

• get a tester and start testing the places baby stayes most often. It's often in pain. check window sills, old furniture you may have. Anything he might chew on if he gets a chance. Should ask the doc for other ideas. Any recalled toys?
    Anonymous

• I would check any old paint in the house... old furniture, old crib, window's
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 8:22 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Make sure there is no lead in the paint in your house. In the window frames, in any of the toys he plays with. Other than that, I am not sure.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:00 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• also older plumbing can have lead soder (SP?) it can get into the tap water
    ccmj

Answer by ccmj at 8:38 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Call the local health department I don't know if it is every state but a family I knew had a lead problem and the health department helped them out with finding the source and removing it. At the very least they should be able to give you more information.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 7:48 AM on Mar. 25, 2009