11 AND LAZY NORMAL?

OK I KEEP HEARING ITS JUST THE TWEENS BUT MY SON IS VERY EMOTIONAL AND LAZY HE USED TO BE SO HAPPY GO LUCKY AND NOW HES SO SENSITIVE AND STUBBORN AND QUESTIONS EVERYTHING BORDER LINE DISRESPECTFUL.T TRY AND TALK TO HIM AND ASK HIM TO OPEN UP TO ME AND HES ALWAYS UPSET OVER SOMETHING IM LIKE DANG HES LIKE A PMS LIL GIRL I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO WE TALK HES NOT IGNORED HES JUST DOESNT WANT TO DO ANY THING IS IT THE TWEENS BECAUSE I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO SHOULD I TAKE HIM TO THERAPY?HES UP AND DOWN AND DID I MENTION HE LIKES ATTENTION AND NEEDS ALOT OF PRAISE WHAT HAPPENED TO MY HAPPY BOY.IT MAKES ME SAD TO THINK HES UN HAPPY BUT HES SAYS HES NOT BUT HE LOOKS IT.HELP

raycher

Asked by raycher at 4:51 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• puberty maybe? If he is feelin abnormally sluggish there may be an underlying health issue. I would have a simple blood test done to check his thyroid. When my thyroid was underactive I was a crab ass wanted to sleep 18 hours a day and ate just about everything in my path. My hair also fell out by the fistfulls though it may not be as noticeable if he has short hair. Take him to his doctor and just hav ehim evaluated though it does sound like typical preteen stuff.
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 4:55 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• He could be starting puberty, my son is almost 13 and I swear he is worse than me when I have PMS. You could have him seen by the doctor to rule anything else out, but I would say it is puberty.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:17 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• sounds like puberty. It too shall pass, try and help him feel comfortable in his own skin, and talk about what is happening to his body, what to expect both physically, and emotionally. I have already started the breaking the ice about that to my 9yo. It can be a very scary and confusing time for anyone. Most kids that I have known feel like they are the only ones that feel that way, and that there is something wrong with them. GL
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 11:22 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• LORD I HOPE LAZINESS IS NORMAL FOR 11 YEAR OLD BOYS!! IF NOT, I AM RUSHING MY SON TO THE HOSPITAL!!! LOL ! THIS CHILD IS LAAAZZZY!! I THINK IT IS PRETTY NORMAL AND THE ONSET OF PUBERTY. AT LEAST I HOPE SO BECAUSE IF THIS KEEPS UP HE WILL BE LIVING IN A CARDBOARD BOX ONE DAY!!
    sweetheartpink

Answer by sweetheartpink at 12:34 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• It's normal...However, take him to a therapist anyway. It won't hurt and it would be good for him to open up and help him emotionally with stuff that's hard as a preteen anyway.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:14 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I hate to tell you this, but he's growing up! LOL! My son is 11 and acts EXACTLY the same way! I am definitely NOT judging you, because I have the same issue in my house! And I could really do without the back talk most days!
    4kidsandadog

Answer by 4kidsandadog at 12:48 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• OMG!! I so thought I was the only one! thanks for giving me back my sanity. I wish I had some answers to give you too.
    mom2rmc

Answer by mom2rmc at 11:09 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• My son rides his bike and swims and jumps on the trampoline and hangs with his friends but God forbid I should ask him to do anything or say no to him. I guess he IS turning into a manL.O.L.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 3:10 PM on Apr. 2, 2009