Potty training SOS!

My daughter will be three in less than a month and she is still nowhere near being potty trained, help! She used to be terrified of the flushing sound, and it took us forever to get her to even sit on a potty without flipping out, now she loves it but still just doesn't seem to know what to do. I've tried taking her in with me so she'll get the idea, and sometimes she goes and sometimes she doesn't. Usually she won't even acknowledge a wet or dirty diaper- I cant tell you how many times she's had an accident and just hid it. Eek! Don't know what to do! Some moms tell me it isn't even really that big of a deal, but it seems kind of late, right?

HarleyQ

Asked by HarleyQ at 5:26 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Ive learned to have a potty party day. You spend a whole day reading your daughter stories abt potty training and maybe baking a cake or something and playing games abt potty training, and then the next day when she goes potty you make a BIG deal out of it by dancing and giving her a treat.
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 5:28 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Try putting her in underwear and having her sit on the potty every hour. She will get it when she is truly ready. So I wouldn't worry about it too much.

joleensboys

Answer by joleensboys at 6:17 PM on Mar. 23, 2009