do you ever..

do you ever just want to go up and yell at people who makes a smart remark when your child is throwing a tatrum. i mean im trying my best to control him but people still make stupid comments that are uncalled for, i mean you cant spank in public people will say more stupid stuff, i feel so stuck :( GRRR

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:27 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• I've never had anyone make a comment, but I've had them give me dirty looks. Especially older people. Usually mothers who have little ones know all too well what we are going through and just smile a sympathetic smile. It's those that don't have children or have much older children that can't seem to relate or don't remember what it's like to be in our shoes. If my DD starts in, no matter where we are, we just leave. She may be kicking and screaming the whole time, but it's time to go. I've also started taking her to the bathroom and giving her two choices, either she can quit the tantrum or we will leave. It's up to her. I give her a minute to pull herself together and then if she can't, we leave. Good luck! I'm right there with you.
    Samanthasmom210

Answer by Samanthasmom210 at 5:32 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• i hate how people look at you like youre beating the shit out of your child, when really you didnt do anything but maybe say no to a toy, or tell her she couldnt grab that, or anything like that. people do that to me all the time, im like wtf ? i dont spank my child, she gets time outs, unless she is doing something that can hurt her, like reaching for the hot oven when its open, i tap her on the bum.but people always look at me like i just punched my daughter in the face or something!!!! i hate it!
    Anonymous

• Once this guy asked me if I could "Quiet that kid up" refering to my 2 year old. I promptly handed him to him kicking,screaming, kicking and biting and told him if you can do better your welcome to. Needless to say he handed him right back and left.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 7:48 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I love your answer Istrickland, love it!!! I'm pretty lucky with my son, he rarely ever throws a tantrum but my 2 nephews which I watch quite often, they are a handful. Which makes shopping with 3 boys a challenge. I give them one chance and if they don't quit we go out to the car.

My best friend said she was out shopping the other day and her son Ethan who is 2 wanted a toy and she told him no. He starts screaming and crying. This older lady walked over and told her, not asked, to shut him up. My BF is very honest and she without saying it told the lady to F Off. The lady just looked at her, made some smartass remark, and walked away.
    foxy400ex

Answer by foxy400ex at 11:43 AM on Mar. 24, 2009