I am thinking about starting on Mirena IUD and I just want to know what other women think about it? I do not plan on having any other cildren any time soon and this just seems like a better alternative to the pill. Please just let me know what you think about it.

Martinez86

Asked by Martinez86 at 5:39 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Health

• i love mine. its nothing i have to remember or anything. i'm pretty forgetful so i was scared about any other b/c. and it lasts for as long as i want it to [up to 5 years].
    it wasnt that painful to put in. about the same discomfort as a PAP.
    nikkimichele

Answer by nikkimichele at 7:04 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I have one. I love it.
    Anonymous

• I had one for 4 years (while I was in school), had it removed because we wanted to have anoter baby. I loved my IUD and beside from a little more cramping I had no problems with it.
    deneejude

Answer by deneejude at 5:50 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I think it is about as low maintenance as birth control gets AND when you decide to try again or if you decide your fertility returns as soon as they take it out. I say go for it!
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 5:53 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• i have it and i LOVE it, its so much easier then taking a pill or a patch. totally worth it!
    KayleesMommie

Answer by KayleesMommie at 6:21 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Loved mine, tho I did gain about 15 lbs from it, so what! MAINTANCE free IUD I love it!
    plentyokids

Answer by plentyokids at 6:53 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I have had mine for over a year and the first 6 months I bled constantly then after that I had 1 or 2 normal periods, and ever since then I never know from one day to the next if I'll be bleeding or not. It sucks!
    zeketrinitysmom

Answer by zeketrinitysmom at 7:08 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I have one and it is awesome. Had mine for two years. I breastfed so I didn't bleed for the first year then when I stopped breastfeeding I had one cycle and now I bleed very lightly about once a month, if that. I think it is awesome. Good luck.
    ILoveMCL

Answer by ILoveMCL at 7:52 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I have one and hate it!! If you not having more children EVER then check this out ESSURE. I have plans to do this but the only thing I am scared about is I have to be off of the IUD for 3 mths first and I do not want ANY accidents in that time period. Everyone has different experiences with this stuff. Me when it is my time of the month or around I sweat like crazy, I wake up in the middle of the night and have to get a towel to wipe off or I am on my period spotting for about 2 wks. Make sure you look over it good!
    determind

Answer by determind at 8:58 PM on Mar. 23, 2009