Does it go this deep?

When someone makes a remark about a disabled person, or a special needs person, like Obama did and many people do without thinking, what is the underlying tone there? Is it possible that some, or even Obama, may have a subconscious belief that someone of that nature is a detriment to society and not contributing, by saying his bowling was like the Special Olympics does he really say here " My bowling isn't worthy of commenting" or Special Needs persons are not worthy of discussion?

akinbottom2

Asked by akinbottom2 at 5:43 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• You know as a mother of special needs kids who take part in the special olympics it says to me " I am ignorant and do not understand disalbed people at all. I am really not sorry for what I said because I do not mean and am only doing so tot save face. I obviously think all disabled people give nothing to the community and that we normal or above inteeligents are higher up then they. I am prejudice against anyone not like me.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 7:10 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I think it was taken out of context and he only meant his bowling wasn't that good.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 5:44 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I think its being taken way out of proportion, but I agree with you line thinking. My making fun of his poor skill level he did essentially alienate an entire group of people and make himself look like an ass.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 5:46 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

Which in turn means Special Olympic participants are not good.

Anonymous

• What ozarkgirl said.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 5:46 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• where was all the outrage when bush make the joke about looking for wmds? sure, obama's joke was in very poor taste but at least no one died because of his 'joke.'
    Anonymous

• You are grasping..And you are going to pull out your shoulder from grasping too hard.
    Anonymous

• I ask that because he is pro-abortion of varying forms, and then we have Daschle coming out with the ppermission of old people having to deal with age related diseases in UHC provisions rather than treating them. And of course, he is following the lines of socialism....So, how far does his line of thinking go with people he deems at "not contributing" or "not worthy" of the Nation he sees for us??
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 6:01 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

Eugenics has killed millions over the past 150 years or so.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:01 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

and that's obama's fault how?
    Anonymous