back in the day?

back in the day we used to do all kind of things that we would never let our kids do now? what are some of the things that you did that you would never let your kids do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:45 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• rode in the back of my dads old pick up truck, at age 5 stayed home alone for 1 hr until my older brother got to home from school, never remember haveing a car seat, rode on the are rest in the front seat of the car because i got car sick, rode my bike all over my small town as long as i was home before dinner
    Anonymous

• Biked as far as Iiked, stopped and played in the little creek about a half mile away.

Answer by Bmat at 5:49 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• When I was in kindergarten and my brother was in first grade we walked to school alone. It was about a mile away and we lived in the city. I would never let my kids do that.

joleensboys

Answer by joleensboys at 5:52 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Ride in the back of a pick up. Have your own fourwheeler when I was 8. Ride bikes as far as I could go.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 6:04 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Rode on the "hump" in the front seat of my dad's old Chrysler.
    Played outside from early morning until the street lights came out
    Walked back and forth to school starting at age 8
    Rode my bike everywhere.
    Sold things door to door without my parents with me
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 6:04 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• bikeridiing far away for hours at a time!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 6:07 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Walking to school by myself.
    Playing out front by myself.
    Not doing my homework.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 6:14 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Nothing, if it was good enough for me, it will be good enough for my kids... I actually give them TONS for freedom than my mom ever gave me...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:19 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Walking 1.5 miles to and from school in 4th grade. Playing outside without adult supervision. Waiting for the bus by myself.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 6:20 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• when I was a kid, my childhood home was on about 2 acres and most of it was woods with boulders. mom let me play in the backyard all the time unsupervised. I wouldnt feel safe letting my son do that...what if he fell or got eaten by a bear or bit by a snake?
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 6:25 PM on Mar. 23, 2009