do you ever leave your baby in their carseat?

When we get home and the baby is in her car seat and sleeping, we'll sometimes just let her stay in the car seat and sleep until she wakes up...

Anyone else do this? is it wrong?

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 6:14 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i have done it if they are asleep and like I have to unload the car with groceries or something, but mine never stayed in there long, they aklways woke up pretty soon.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 6:16 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I used to do this quite often when my son was smaller, because his car seat and his swing were the only places he would sleep, so if he fell asleep in the car we just brought the car seat in and put it in a quiet room and let him sleep. Heck, sometimes we even had to ROCK him to sleep in his car seat. I don't think it's "wrong" or bad or anything.
    parkersmama08

Answer by parkersmama08 at 6:17 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I dont but thats because we used a convertible car seat from day one so leaving him in his carseat would require leaving him in the car LOL and we would never! In yyour case its pretty gray. I can understand not wanting to wake her and most people say you shouldnt because the supposed restriction of movement may cause the flat head thing BUT they said the same thing about our son sleeping in his swing adn he is now 6 months old and has a beautifully shaped head and never once had a bald spot so I guess I'd say its your call
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 6:17 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• LOL....NO, I am sure its fine. Especially if the baby needs to sleep. When my second child was first born, I was such a nervous wreck. I was very sleep deprived and so overly cautious. She didn't seem to sleep well anywhere BUT her carseat so the first night I was home, I let her sleep there. She rested just fine. I just needed to sleep. The next day I worked her into sleeping in her own bed.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 6:17 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Like in the car or do you take the carseat in with you?

When it was super nice and my kids would fall asleep in the car, I'd park in the shady driveway and roll down all the windows and then run in and get my knitting (if I didn't already have it with me) and sit outside by the car while they slept. We lived in the country so it didn't look as odd as it sounds...lol

When they were little enough to be in a portable carseat, you betcha if they were asleep in it I put it on my bed with them strapped in and enjoy the peace and quiet...well except for the other kids noise.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 6:18 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Yeah, she doesnt really sleep in her crib or bassinet right now lol shell have to be held or in her swing...
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 6:19 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• no in with me!! lol never would i leave her in the car.. im in arizona and its far too hot for that! not that i would leave her there if it was cool, but you know lol
    MomNbabyGirl009

• i mean i wouldNT.. because "cool" here in arizona aint so cool lol
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 6:20 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Well then yea, I didn't know people took them out of their carseats if they were asleep. LOL
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 6:20 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Yep. Sometimes I even let him stay in the car if it's in the garage BUT our garage is literally right there and I'm obviously not stupid enough to do it if it's too hot or too cold. It's locked and ventilated and nothing in there but the car so I feel okay. I can actually see the car too if I lean back, that's how close the garage is so it's not like I just leave him there by himself. He's 20 feet away, I just know if I move him he'll wake up and be cranky. Oh and I leave all the windows down and the door to the inside of the house open so it's not like he's all stuffed up in there.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 6:27 PM on Mar. 23, 2009