Did anyone see Tyra today?

I just finished watching tyra and I am appalled by the stereotypes of not only people of my race but of people of all races. I think what they (the people at the round table) were saying was very ignorant. Its 2009!!! The world is a much different place now. I feel you can not judge an entire race just by one or a few people of that race. How do you feel about stereotypes and if you watched the show what would your reaction be to the scenarios?? (the muslim carrying the box, the black and white moms with their kids, the interracial dating, etc)

jjsmommi5

Asked by jjsmommi5 at 6:15 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• This was a fabulous show. I thought it was eye opening and one that everyone should see.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 6:23 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I didn't see her show. It runs during the Glenn Beck program time slot.

I believe you, though. The media is to blame for all this stereotyping going on, because they love to demonize certain groups at different times because it makes for drama and ratings!

Look at how innocent and sweet really little children are when they meet each other. You see little black girls hugging little Asian boys, little white girls hugging little Mexican boys, etc. They share toys and co-operate as best they can. They refer to each other as friend. Not as "that Indian kid" or whatever. They are just kids in each other's eyes...until the adult steps in. They instinctively know we are all human and have feelings. They just want to make friends and be happy. It's the adults who corrupt them with their lies and prejudices.

timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 6:24 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I just watched a little bit of it on her website

http://tyrashow.warnerbros.com/2009/03/racial_perceptions.php

Don't know what time the show comes on here but that would've been one I would've liked to watch. It was interesting what was said about interacial dating.
    Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 6:28 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Timelessglass you should find this episode online. It even showed us that we cant JUST blame the media for our stereotypes. There comes a time when we all have to grow up and form our own values and opinions regardless of what is being displayed around us. And the people on this roundtable were proof of that. The media can't be our excuse. I see what you are saying though because I would have said the same thing...
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 6:29 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I saw it and thought it was a great show!! I don't think its gonna change how people view other people but it's nice for other people to see what it's like to be another race!
    Deidra08

Answer by Deidra08 at 6:44 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Yes I did and I hate people who are racist. I don't judge by skin color. I judge by what type of a person someone is. I love all good people. I'm white and married a white man. I've dated african-american and hispanic men too back in the day. But the good one I found happened to be white so I married him. I love all children too. People need to grow up. It's 2009.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 7:17 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I just went to her website to see the clips she has on today's show. I hope she has the full show available soon.

She has lots of comments on her site from viewers.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 7:36 PM on Mar. 23, 2009