Natural parenting

(This may be cross posted in other sections, so no need to repsond more than once, thanks).

Are any of you ladies members of an really active group that supports the natural parenting lifestyle?

I want to join a group like this because I'm interested in practicising natural alternatives to the life I live now, and would like a non-hostile environment to gather information and utilize things and info that would be useful to me.

I was a part of one group that was very hostile to me, so I left. Some things the practice were not for me, and I kinda got the vibe "Well, if you don't embrace ALL of it, you can't call yourself 'natural'.

Suggestions, comments, and/or even links to groups outside of Cafemom are appreciated. Thanks.

.Peaches.

Asked by .Peaches. at 6:20 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• Well, I am not sure exactly what you are asking for, but there is a group called Attachment Parenting Christians that is pretty great.
    Anonymous

• I don't have a link for you, but I do understand what you mean. I don't embrace the entire "natural" movement, but there are things that I like to do differently. I go to a chiro and my kids go sometimes too. I try not to medicate them, especially with antibiotics and I don't like to run to the dr everytime something comes up. I love the attachment parenting idea in some realms and I don't like to vaccinate, but on the other hand....I still use comet to clean my bathroom, I use lots of paper towels and I drive an SUV, I believe my kids sleeping in their own beds is a good thing and I don't make them wear helmets when riding bikes around the driveway.....ect.....So I can understand where youre coming from. I didn't realize it was an all or nothing thing...LOL
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 6:26 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• momofsaee, that's what I'M sayin! I mean, why does it have to be all or nothing?

And that's what this group made me feel like. Rather than try to argue my point, I just decided that some close-minded people are just happy in their ignorance, and decided to leave. No harm, no foul.

I just want to find a group where I can ask questions and get info and decide WHAT WORKS FOR ME without being bashed completely for something that the masses don't agree with.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 6:32 PM on Mar. 23, 2009