• In the Spotlight:

Why is it so hard for Atheists to believe Christians are happy?

Cuts both ways, ladies. Let's see what kind of response we get on this one.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:29 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• No one forces me to do anything! I exercise my free will from God by choosing to follow Him,and live my life according to His written word, than to follow worldly pursuits. I don't "live in fear of going to hell" either! I live in the promise of God,that through Jesus I am saved,and will spend eternity in Heaven. My life prior to accepting Jesus was a train wreck. Since I've been a Christian, I've never been happier, more aware of who I really am,and what my purpose is, mainly because God revealed it to me,and has begun working that purpose through me. My home life improved 100%,and my family has never been better,or more loving and caring. God is the one who made those things happen,and as long as I was turned from Him,things continued to go wrong,as the enemy wrecked havoc in my life and family. We now have the One who is stronger than the enemy,and we are better because of it.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 8:11 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• IDK... maybe because the Christians that stand out to them are the ones who are judgmental? So then they think we're all like Puritans, punishing ourselves and not letting ourselves be happy. I mean, it has to be something like that. Don't they know the message is love? Some Christians don't seem to know that either, though!
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 6:31 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Not to be mean here but I guess they could say " ignorance is bliss"
    Anonymous

• What do you mean?
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 6:42 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Because they are fake idiots waiting to meet Jesus!
    Anonymous

• They don't all think that. I am a Christian and had working relationships with two athiest. They knew I was happy and never doubted that.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 6:44 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• 5:44, thank you ever so much for proving my point! You just couldn't say something decent and move on. No, you have to make an ugly,nasty comment,and make all Atheists look bad. Most I've met have been decent, hard working good people,and then there are the ones like you. How sad you can't just accept that Christians are happy,and quit calling us ugly, vulgar names.
    Anonymous

• I am not athiest!
    Anonymous

• IMO, the only reason I would ever suspect a Christian of not being a happy one would be thier own actions...

Maybe they are only considering the Christians that post "hellfire and damnation" and wonder how anyone would be happy living in fear of thier god? And with those that continuously post hateful messages, you wonder how happy someone could be with all that hatred inside them?

But, sometimes people are just crappy. Its that simple.

Peace, love and Happiness!.....from a non-christian!
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 6:52 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I wouldn't say it is atheists in general that don't think Christians are happy. It is usually people who are unhappy (whatever their beliefs) who don't believe others are truly happy. It is hard to comprehend true happiness when you have never felt it yourself.

AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 6:53 PM on Mar. 23, 2009