I have a really odd problem- im about 10 weeks, and EVERYTHING tastes like cardboard and dirt, and everything smells awful too, and not in the normal prgnancy way, this is BAD. Please help:(

Candice369

Asked by Candice369 at 6:31 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• how is that not in the normal pregnancy way? it sounds totally normal to me lol thats how i got in the beginning as well :( it eventually went away around like 14-17 weeks.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 6:31 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• try eating plain foods?
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 6:32 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• That sounds like a mineral deficiency. Pregnant women can experience strange things like this due to vitamin and mineral deficiency. Have you r doctor do some bloodwork, that way you will know for sure. If that's what it is they have treatment for it.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 6:35 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• girl im 21 weeks and that happened to me at 11 weeks even my husband was repulsive his breath smelled so bad i couldnt kiss him or hug him he tried everything bless his little heart but its normal and it goes away eventully try watermelon and grapefruit juice it worked for me and my freinds plus watermelon always taste great no matter what time of year lol
    SarahRandall

Answer by SarahRandall at 6:35 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Do you crave things that taste like cardboard or dirt? If that happens, it's a problem
    Anonymous