Why is he doing this?

Me and my bf don't have a very good relationship and lately he has been referring to me as his girlfriend (Which I am, but he never did this the first time we went out). Also, today at work (we work together) I said I was going to name my cat after him and he said, "you can't, I live there" (he doesn't, I kicked him out the first time we dated" and he said that "my cheesecake is still in our fridge" (it is my fridge because he doesn't live with me and isn't there that often. It's kinda wierd because he has never done this before out of the two years we have dated and has never talked about "us" as a couple at work. Has this happened to you? Why is he doing this now and not before?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:32 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• Sounds like a dog peeing on his territory. He's marking you.
    Anonymous

• maybe he's realizing what he's missing, just go along with it and see what happens or ignore him when he says things like that and see how hard he fights for you.
    WhatevaItTakes

Answer by WhatevaItTakes at 6:35 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• You kicked him out the first time you dated? I don't get it.
    And it does sound like he's making it official now that you are a couple and he's wanting someone to believe you are living together. I'd outright ask him in front of everyone what the heck he's talking about, that he doesn't live there and like a lot of couples dating, you have things in your fridge that you know he'd enjoy eating while he's over visiting.
    IMO, it's bad for the office for two employees to be dating. Creates some problems and could be disasterous if the relationship ends and on the days when you're mad at each other.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 6:44 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• because he is mad at you
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 6:47 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Sounds like he is being a jerk in front of your coworkers, trying to impress them by making them think that there is more to it then what there is. I would equaling embarrass him by getting in front of as many people as possible that he does not live with you and his bum ass is somewhere else and then go to say numerous embarrasing reasons he doesn't live with you like he drools in his sleep. that will nip that problem in the bud real quick!!
    Anonymous

• if it's a bad relationship put an end to it then the she's my girlfriend will end.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 6:57 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• or hes mad at another girl hes been dating and hes trying to make her jealous.... or it could be like one of the poster said he wants to make you and him official.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 6:57 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Also, the subject got brought up about marriage and I said that I'm not changing my last name when I get married and he told me "You better". I just don't get why all of a sudden, he's doing this.
    Anonymous

• He's doing it because he's an idiot. He's a boy, and unfortunately boys are dumb. Let him go...unless you are as immature as he is...
    Anonymous

• I think he is trying to give you hints that he really wants to be with you, maybe even marry you. He is just not doing it the right way. The only way to solve it is to talk to him about it. Tell him how uncomfortable you feel when he says things like that and what he really means by it. Is it just a joke or is he being serious? Embarrassing him infront of everyone isn't the best way to get answers it will only itimidate him and won't get you the answers you are looking for. Just relax, take a step back and do things the smart way. Don't be as imature as he sounds.
    Anonymous