What's The Best Way To Quit Smoking???

I've Been A Smoker For 7 years. I Know I Need To Quit For The Health Of The Baby But I'm Having Such A Hard Time HELP!!!!!!!!

mama2b2428

Asked by mama2b2428 at 6:42 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have been smoking for 9 years, and I smoked during my first pregnancy and couldn't quit. I cut back a lot with her though. Now I am pregnant again, and I told myself that I have to stop being so damn selfish and this is whats best for my baby. I have been smoke free for 2 weeks tomorrow. Sure I still want one every now and then, but whats the point? I've made it this long.. so I am just going to keep on keepin on! I did it cold turkey. Their was no other way for me to do it. The more I said oh I will quit after this pack.. lead to wanting more... So you just have to want it, in order to succeed. I wish you luck. Just keep telling yourself that its not about you.. its for that baby.. It worked for me!

ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 6:45 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Talk to your doctor
    Anonymous

• Look, I'm being totally honest, this is what I did...I just didn't do it no matter what. I won't say it was easy. I smoked for thirteen years, I tried pills, lozenges, gum, patches, and all it took was guilt and will power. I'm sure it's not the cure all answer you were looking for but I'm sharing my honest experience with you. Just put it in your mind that smoking is not an option. I'll be rooting for you!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 6:46 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• All the answers sound really good, but the first one was the best. Talk to your doctor. I was given a hard decision with my smoking...because of how much i smoked, how long i had been smoking, & how bad my body reacts to nicotine withdrawl i was told quiting cold turkey was worse in my case, because the withdrawls would most likely cause miscarriage because of the stress on my body...but to instead cut WAY down (which I have, but its still hard). But was also told that the smoking can cause premature birth & low birth weight. The best thing you can do is talk to your doctor & find out whats best for you, your body, & your baby. I wish you the best of luck & really hope you are able to quit =)
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 7:25 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• my husband bought these cheap nasty cigs cuz theyre way cheaper a carton than any other, and the taste eventually was just Nasty to me..i was never able to get below 5 cigs a day w my other 2 kids and now half the days i dont even have one....so my suggestion is try a nasty pack of cigs..
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 8:10 PM on Mar. 23, 2009