How old???

How old do you have to be to use this site???
There is some mixed up teenage girl who is just posting question after question about her high school drama between her pregnant at (age 16) and her boyfriend (age18)....She is not taking the situation serious at all. She says he treats her bad BUT gets all happy and excited when he calls her and says he will be better. What is wrong with today’s youth? Do they not see all the problems regular college educated adults are facing with the economy...now we have teenage girls wanting to play house and pretend to live a fairy tale...I don’t get it. Where are her parents? Does she really think all this is ok?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:43 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't understand what the rush is for most of these kids. I think they are definintely too quick to get married, have kids, etc... They need to learn to enjoy their youth and freedom while they still have it. I didn't have my son until I was 32 and I feel that age was great for me. I had my teenage years with my friends and doing what I wanted and then I was ready to settle down. They are all in a hurry for something that they have time for.
    Jerseymom1228

Answer by Jerseymom1228 at 6:45 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I agree Jerseymom1228, I was 24 when I had my first and I thought I was really young then,lol I loved my teen yrs, had sooo much fun. I'm so glad I can look back on those yrs and laugh and not have any regrets...
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 6:53 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I'll admit, I am a young mom. I was married at eighteen and had my baby a few weeks ago at the age of nineteen. There are several things I missed out on, but I did get my education, I found a wonderful man to marry who supports me and loves me for who I am, and am now living a beautiful life I've created for myself. I am proud of myself for being where I am now instead of like my peers who I grew up with who are getting arrested for drugs, dropping out of college because of partying, sleeping around with the whole town. I don't think age is the factor with the youth nowadays. I think it the their maturity level and how they handle their choices and decisions in life.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 6:57 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• *my peers who grew up with me. Sorry, that was a typo.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 6:58 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I was 19 when my son was born and I was an am a wonderful mother. I know there a tons of 'high school moms" but I wasn't one. I got married at the age of 17. Graduated, lived on my own for over a year. Got pregante, had the baby. So we'd been married almost 2 years by the time he was born.
    I didn't have any of the high school drama these girls did.
    We chose to have our son while we were young because we wanted him grown and out of the house while we were still young ourselves.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 6:58 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I think it is less about age and more just a "high school" mentality! There are some 30 yr olds with that same Drama type thinking. I think it is quite annoying.

There are some great young moms who have stepped up and taken care of their business!
    pjacademy

Answer by pjacademy at 7:15 PM on Mar. 23, 2009