i can't decide between a hospital or dr

i went to ob/gyn dr and they said that with their hospital since i have had a c section that i would have to have another cause of hospital policy. i don't want too. so i found two dr's and hospitals where i can have a choice. problem is with one hospital the dr is really far then the other the dr is closer but the hospital is farther. my husband really wants me to have a female dr so i can't just go to closest dr cause the closest is a male dr. which would be more important to you a closer dr or closer hospital? i just can't decide? both dr offices are good. any advice please.

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 6:47 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Having a doctor that you are comfortable with is more important than a close hospital. When I go in labor I will likely be an hour drive from my hospital (yikes!) because of my internship. I really trust my clinic and my doctor though, which to me is very important. Are you okay with your husband choosing whether you have a male or female doctor?
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 7:13 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I RECOMMEND A CLOSER HOSPITAL IN CASE YOU NEED TO GET A C SECTION YOUR ALREADY THERE!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 12:20 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• well i had one female dr i really loved and want one myself but i kinda bad that he is being stubborn and not making it easier for me to have a dr and hospital close. why have to choice but it's like were in this together so i feel it shouldn't be all about me although at the same point i feel it should be since i'm doing most of the work. right?
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:35 AM on Mar. 24, 2009