My three year old is obsessed with touching our baby's head!!

He does it all the time. He wants to touch the baby's head every chance he gets. He is not trying to be mean. He just wants to touch his little brother. He even does it when the baby is sleeping and wakes him up! It is so annoying. I have tried to nicely explain why it is not okay to do when the baby is sleeping, but he doesn't listen. I don't want to cause him to resent his brother, so I avoid yelling or punishing him when he does this. Is this just a phase that will pass? Baby is almost 4 months now and big brother has been doing it the whole time.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:47 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Enjoy it being only a touch LOL.

He's, probably, doing his own form of bonding with his new lil brother.
    Dont worry about it, just make sure its a light touch and that he doesnt push on the soft spot, thats what we did when ours did it.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 7:28 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• My two year old does this. He rubs his head and calls him cat because it's similar to the way you'd pat a cat. It's not a big deal. We let him. He's just showing his love for his brother.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 7:56 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• OMG!! I think our kids are kin. My just turned 4 year old does that to the baby all the time. I am suprised the baby isn't sleep deprived because the 4 year old is always there kissing, and touching and petting him until he wakes up. And then comes running to me saying "I woke the baby for you mommy" Yay!!
    But it is cute to see them bonding so much cuz now the baby is trying to say his name b4 saying momma and you know he really loves him. It may be annoying now but trust me they are going to be the bestest friends!! Good luck
    acmjmom28

Answer by acmjmom28 at 10:47 PM on Mar. 23, 2009