breast feeding

Okay so I decided not to breast feed I know I know bad idea but its because of medical reasons so of course my chest is really swollen and sore. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas of what I could do to help with them being sore. I was told like a warm bath or shower but what else could i do?

leemarie18

Asked by leemarie18 at 6:59 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Get a sports bra that is pretty tight, or wrap those things up with ace bandage. Anything that will help hold them up and support them will be a big help to you. Warm shower will just cause your milk to leak and take longer to dry up.
    kbates1208

Answer by kbates1208 at 7:34 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Put cold cabbage leaves in your bra for 15 mins at a time . It helps the swelling and reduces milk production. There is a chemical in cabbage that reacts with the milk producing hormones.
    JunoDolly

Answer by JunoDolly at 7:55 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• never tried it but ive heard Alot of women say to use the cold cabbage...and dont drink alcohol, especially beer(not even one) while you're trying to dry up...it'll make milk come in even more
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 8:08 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• wow the alcohol is good to know i just turned 21 so thats awesome to know lol
    leemarie18

Answer by leemarie18 at 8:52 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Try to get a sports bra or any type of bra that is pretty tight or a size smaller maybe wrap those things up with ace bandage or go online and get one of those breast supporters for nursing moms. Anything that will help hold them up in comfort and support them will be a big help for you. i heard that hot or warm showers or baths will just cause your milk to leak and take longer to dry up and then you'll really be in pain.
    dbarkley101306

Answer by dbarkley101306 at 9:53 PM on Mar. 23, 2009