are people just mean these days???

is that why we dont get along with are neighbors any more and so many fences are going up because people are just getting mean and they just happen to be our neighbors???whats up with that???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:01 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• There isn't a sense of community anymore. Why should there be? We don't know the people who sell us our clothing, food, loan us money for our house- any of it.

If you want my honest opinion, this started with the car. You have to drive to get anywhere- and how much visiting and community is involved in driving everywhere?
    Raintree

Answer by Raintree at 7:04 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• People have def. changed. My mom says people used to stop and help each other and you could go to a new neighbors house with a pie and they wouldn't try to kioll you for tresspassing. I wish it were that way again instead of this every man for himself mentallity everyone has now. Ps I do go to neighbors with pies and meals and christmas and easter, etc.......
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 7:04 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I'm good with my neighbors and no high fences around here.Is everything perfect? course not but we socialize or at least wave hello in passing.I could go to any neghbor around here and ask for an egg loan lol.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:06 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• i wish i could
    Anonymous

• I can see into my neighbor's house and they can see in ours so fences are kinda silly around here. We get along pretty well with everyone around here, but our old neighborhood had some really mean and nosey people. Some neighborhoods really try to pull people together and have a sense of community, others are not so much that way.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 7:11 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• We have a high fence AND we hang out with the neighbors. We have kids and a dog, and I am paranoid.

Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 7:13 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Our neighbors are "neighborly." Most of them built the houses originally. Only 3 of us are newbies, and we bought our houses after the original owners got sick or died. There aren't a lot of places like that, anymore. Even a few blocks from us it's not like that, we just got lucky.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:19 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• The problem is they shut down the asylums and now the crazies are "rehabilitated". But they don't HAVE to take their meds...cuz that would be wrong, and they don't HAVE to be monitored because that infringes, and they don't HAVE to be reported because of THEIR civil liberties. Now the poor people they kill, maim, and ruin their lives, they are just crap out of luck. You can't be friendly with your neighbor cuz you don't know if they are psychopaths!

Anonymous

• anon 7:54......Maybe it is like that where you live but not all of us can say that. And, they are some very harsh words you wrote there.

I live in a small rural area and everybody knows everybody and the only fences we have are the barbed wire for horses and cattle. We have a community church, a community store, and a gathering place. Basically, we all get along very well and co-habitate like days gone by. We look out for each other and share our gardens and if someone isn't well or a death occurs we are all there.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 8:02 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• ANON 7:54PM

Mom? Is that you?

lol
    Anonymous