I'm I in the wrong?

My daughter was just born on the 20th and when she was 2 days old she started to throw up after eating just 1/2 oz of formula so the doctor that was on call said that it was alright to change her to soy formula so I agreed. Well when her doctor came and checked on her he yelled at me for giving her soy. So I tried to do normal formula again and she did the same thing so back to soy I went. I'm I in the wrong for keeping her with soy? Just some FYI I would have breast fed but can't because of medical reasons

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:14 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no she might be lac tos intolerant my son was
    mememe27

Answer by mememe27 at 7:17 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Sorry you have to go through this frustration. You are not in the wrong u just want your child to keep down what she eats. So far us she is healthy and not sick and herself. Just make sure you let her doctor know when you make changes. If you don't like the doctor you can change that too. She is your daughter and you make the final decisions):
    sanab

Answer by sanab at 7:18 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• ugh doctors really bug me lately...they dont know what the hay they talking about huh. I would research the befenfits with both soy and regular. I honestly dont know what they are because I breasfed. I think as long as she is growing and is happy and not spitting up then walla keep with it. Maybe think about switching to a doctor that might know what is best for your baby...good luck.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 7:18 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I would see about changing Dr's to just one that you see, it is going to get old really quick getting a different story and diagnosis from each one. But to answer the original question, do what is working, dont make your baby suffer because some idiot Dr thinks he knows better than you, you are mom, your opinion matters more than his.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 7:20 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Okay thanks everyone I was feeling really bad about having her on soy and not being able to breast feed
    Anonymous

• sometimes doctors aren't all that bright. lots of book smarts but no common sense. of course youre not wrong. You are doing what is best for your baby. If soy agrees with her then that's what you should give her. and not EVERYONE is able to breastfeed. You are doing the best you can and that should be good enough! good for you momma
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 7:28 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• ugh the guilt that comes with not be able to breastfeed is bad enough! Don't feel bad about doing what works best fro your baby. If soy works keep her on soy but perhaps a switch in pediatricians is in order! Better now when she is still very little than later
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 7:31 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Sounds like you are doing the right thing ....I'd keep her on Soy!
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 7:48 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• even if she didnt do that with reg. formula you could give her soy if you wanted to. ive seen plenty of moms give their babies soy, and they dont NEED it. its just the mothers preference. i say its fine. but like another answer said, i would switch pediatricians. =] good luck and congrats! =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 8:29 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• My son is on soy, i would just keep you baby on soy if that is what is workin for her!
    ProudMomma9-08

Answer by ProudMomma9-08 at 9:21 PM on Mar. 23, 2009