What is something that you've seen and considered as bad parenting?

At the WIC office I saw a girl and her bf with coats and hooded sweatshirts on, holding their 8 month old son wearing only a long sleeve onesie and socks. Cold day. Well she lives around here and I have to say I have seen her not dress him properly twice since then. Poor kid.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:20 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• Not using a car seat, seat belt, having kids poorly dressed. Just the other day, my mom was at work and a mom and her baby, about 2, came in and the boy feel and hit his head on a hard concrete floor. My mom said the woman grabbed him up and told him to hush. Mom asked if he was ok and the mom just ignored her. Mom said the baby looked dazed and when he hit she heard the pop. The mom just kept telling the baby to be quiet
    palexander

Answer by palexander at 1:56 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• My chld had a pee accident as a baby, soaking everything including socks and we were downtown at the time. I was crossing the street with him in a blanket and someone made a nasty comment about him being clothed properly. I was on my way to Nordstrom to buy a new onesie. So, you never know. Bad parenting is neglect.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:23 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• i understand. my son has done that too. but her 6 yr old son sat out here on the curb the other day in t-shirt and shorts and it was 54 degrees out. so its not just with her youngest.
    Anonymous

• A three year old with a pacifier in their mouth...grrrrrrrr
    Anonymous

• I saw a guy at walmart with three kids about 6mos old 18 mos and 3 yr old with nothing but diapers on and their hair completley matted, he didn't look like he took very good care of himself either.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 7:49 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• my sister in law wipe her 6 month olds sons mouth (after trying to feed him a mini cadbury egg) she wiped his mouth with a rolled up used diaper that had been sitting on the floor for a few days. We were completely disgusted.
    Anonymous

• 2 and 3 year olds with koolaid in baby bottles. Heck, ANY kid with kool aid. They shouldn't drink that crap at all.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 8:04 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Cussing at your kids....
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:11 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• 2 year old + with pacifiers, yelling at your kids, young children drinking soda
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:33 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I would have to say it really irks me when ppl curse their kids out. And then when they get older and out of control theydon't understand why. I know a couple of ppl that does that. Needless to say we don't talk much.I can't stand that..ugh
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 11:46 PM on Mar. 23, 2009