Advice On Boyfriends Family?

My boyfriends family doesnt like me because his baby sister and I had an argument over his ex. The problem is I finally met his mom and brother and his brother called me up drunk telling me horrific stuff regarding their childhood. I honestly don't know how to even handle what his brother told me. The only reaction I have is that I have no respect for his mother for putting her children in danger and allowing them to get abused.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:38 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• wow i guess talk to him about it all i really dont know
    sorry
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 7:43 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Well you do have to accept that your boyfriends family is part of the package. You can't love him without at least accepting his family even if you don't agree with what they do. Nobody said you have to be best friends with them but you do have to attempt to be civil. As for them not liking you, that's their problem. As long as you do your part and your boyfriend doesn't shun you because of how his family feels than just let it be. Don't be around them unless you have to.
    Anonymous

• And what's the question? You can only believe half of what you see and none of what you hear. Unless it's from the horse's mouth...you need to talk to BF and not worry about the family.
    Anonymous

• Talk to your bf and find out how much is true, you said yourself that the brother was drunk. You can be with your bf and not ahve to deal with his family, just limit your time with them, see them only when you have to. No one says you have to be bff's with them, just tolerate them a few times a year and ignore them the rest of the year.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:50 PM on Mar. 23, 2009