Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

please help I need a little advice

should I get my daughters father for child support she is 7 yrs. old and he denies being her father what do u think I should do?

Answer Question

Asked by ilovemy3kidos at 7:38 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

Level 1 (3 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • yes if course you should be getting him for child support if he signed the birth certificate.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:40 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

  • heck yes they will make im get tested

    Answer by josalin at 7:40 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

  • Yes do it. I didn't and I regret it.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:42 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

  • idk where ur at but in the state i live in, if u take him to court and he denies the kid they will make him pay for the dna test if he doesn't want to pay for the test he is accepting responsibilty and will hve to pay chiild support but yeah I woulddef make him pay...

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:43 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

  • if you are sure, then heck yes i would do it!!! you need that money to help support your "baby" girl!!! it takes two to tango. not just one parent should pay for it. they both need to be paying for things, and now that shes getting older she wants more, and needs more. eventually she will start a menstral cycle and thats not cheap now, let alone in a few years!!! i say go for it. and then laugh at him for denying his baby!!!

    Answer by mommykayti at 8:24 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

  • YES! If he denies being the father, he may have to pay for the DNA testing. Contact the child support agency in your state or city. Why let him get out of an obligation? It is your daughters right to get that support.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:24 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

  • If you apply for any kind of government assistance they will go after him if you point the finger. They will contact child supprort and get a DNA test.

    Answer by salexander at 9:03 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.