Breastmilk averages?

Just curious, how much breastmilk did you moms pump on your first month? I know it depends on the baby and their weight, but, I'd like to get an idea of the average ml. expressed during this stage. I'm averaging 4 oz every 2-3 hours.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:46 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• One ounce. That is all I've ever been able to pump. For most moms it's generally .5-2 ounces from both breasts. If you get more than that you can consider yourself very lucky.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 7:49 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• 4 oz is right on track. Keep in mind that your body doesn't respond the same to a pump and never will, as it does to your baby. And for the first 6 weeks or so, because your baby's eating patterns change day to day your milk supply can do the same.
    Anonymous

• I think I was able to pump an oz an hour (so if I pumped after 4 hours I got 4 oz)
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 8:01 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I pumped 10 oz. Every morning AFTER she nursed for the first 3 months now she's 7 months and I can't get more than 4 or 5.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 8:06 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Four ounce sis a lot. Most moms get two a session. More than that is fabulous.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:11 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• For the first 6 months I would get 4-6 oz a pumping session. Which was AWESOME. I rarely pumped though. Your output with the pump does NOT resemble your babies intake at all though. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 8:18 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I've breastfed 3 babies successfully, but never was able to pump! So, I really have no idea how much they were getting. I just know they were healthy and growing and pooping and peeing as they should LOL!
    SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 8:32 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• i had to pump every 2-3 hours . I had 3-4 oz from each breast. my baby ate what seemed dropes untill she was about 2 and an half month. now she's 4 month old eats good and I only have to pump in the morning because she sleeps for most of the night. pup and store as much as possible. this will pass and it will get easyer, trust me. At the begining I had to travel with my pump and now I can go with out it. I can go with out pumping for at least 5 hours. also get good breast pads. I liked lansinoh.
    DaryaK

Answer by DaryaK at 9:34 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• i got about 2 ozs each breast every 3 hours or so. i sometimes got 6 in the mornings.
    Anonymous

• lol... i am a milk cow and could pump around 4-5 onces after the end of my first month with my last two. Now at 9 mo when I pump I can pump almost 8 oz from each side....
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 10:34 PM on Mar. 23, 2009