Husband over-reacting?

Okay so lately Ive been battling health issues and I am also battling an anxiety disorder PLUS depression..and honestly I have been so UN motivated to do ANYTHING around the house..in a week I normally clean the house only about 2 days of that week..I mean it gets done but Im not constantly cleaning it every single day..but my husband seems to be bothered because Im not picking up everyday or Im not doing whatever..

Am I seriously doing something wrong? Am I just blind? Or is he just over-reacting?? *sigh*

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:46 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• i think if u have the house in ok order and not a total dump u are just doing fine tell him to help out that he knows ur not in the best condition right now and to give u some slack
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 7:48 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Well if he is that concerned, tell him to do it. He should be more concerned about you imo.
    Anonymous

• Fuck him...he can pick the shit up just as well as you can! WTF is the problem? He needs to quit acting like this is 1949 and get his shit together!
    Anonymous

• If it is hygienic, that's what is most important. So make sure the bathrooms and kitchen are clean. If you are going through the rest of the house little by little every week, then at least it is getting the dirt taken care of, which might draw rodents or bugs. It might be a good idea, considering your issues, if you would devote an hour or two every day to clean- taking the time, taking the responsibility, the effort, the motivation, to do this every day may help you feel better and may make your husband more content.

Answer by Bmat at 7:58 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Get help for your anxiety and depression. Your husband deserves a whole women, your children deserve a whole mommy, and YOU deserve to be happy. Don't put your husband, kids, and self through hell with the justification that he should be sensitive and understanding. Yes, he can help, but he is probably responding more to your unhappiness then your not cleaning. He probably does not want a spotless house, he probably wants his woman back. He is stressed too. If you are already being treated for anxiety and depression, tell your doctor that your meds aren't working, and switch.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 8:38 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• If he knows that you are working on the anxiety and depression, then yeah, hes being an a@@.

But, if you haven't been upfront with him about your illness OR if he doesn't quite "get it" then maybe you could have your MD talk to him about what its like to live with someone who has these disorders (I'm one right here! Maybe i can have him talk to my hubby? LOL)
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 9:09 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I have a disease that causes me to be overly tired, and I have been suffering from depression since i was nine years old. Do you love your man? Love means, often enough, doing things you don't want to do to make someone you love happy, or to make their life a little more pleasant, or to help them feel less stress. He deserves, and needs you to step up to the plate. don't let your depression battle you down. don't let it win. Get up, get the house clean. And the more you do it, the more you will feel good about doing it, and he'll be glad you fought your depression to do something for him. I hope things get better for you.
    McGregor

Answer by McGregor at 11:09 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• hugsDoes he understand that you are mentally ill, really? That you have a physical condition that is being treated medically? If he does and he still acts like that, I'm sorry, but I'd have to tell him to go to hell, lol. It'll get better, hang in there!!

Mizzjos

Answer by Mizzjos at 11:38 PM on Mar. 25, 2009