What would your reaction be.....?

...if I posted something promoting Satanism?

I was told by someone that anyone who really believes in their religion should spread the word and be free to do so. This isn't part of Satanism to spread it around, but hypothetically, what would the reaction be?

I just find it very hard to believe that the reaction would be supportive. LOL But SO many Christians on here seem to believe that if you REALLY believe in something, you should spread the word...so does this go for anything?

metalcowgirl34

Asked by metalcowgirl34 at 7:54 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I would be interested, myself. Not for reasons of "conversion" as I am happy as I am. But, it occurred to me, as I was reading through the bible, that it was the character of satan who wanted mankind to HAVE the knowlege of good and evil, which would seem to be a GOOD thing. Maybe he is the good guy in this mythology. After all, it is not satan who commited all those acts of violence that riddle the old testament--it's god. Actually the one thing I do know about satanists is that they don't necessarily believe in the entity of Satan. I'm an atheist and I don't either! What a coincidence!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:31 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Most people agree that Satanism is evil. Regardless of our faith, we all want to do what we feel is right. None of us (that have morals) are here to hurt anyone or cause anyone harm. I think someone posting promoting satanism would be bashed, big time.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 7:59 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• It's a free country. No one has to read it if they don't want to read it.

but-

Being a Christian It would make my heart sad to see that sort of thing- but there are lots os things posted here that make my heart sad.
    I would just ignore it, not read it.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 7:59 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• We hold the same point of view as well. Pagans do not go around wanting everyone to be Pagan. Wonder what the reaction would be?
    I would like to know more about Satanism, as I study as many religions as I can.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 8:00 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• satanism is already being spread around. It happens when people choose evil over good.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:01 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I'm Christian and I say go for it. I believe in free speech and don't think censorship is patriotic.

Don't be surprised if you get people of all faiths disagreeing with you, though. Just like the Christian posters do.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 8:02 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Evil over good? It's all a matter of semantics...what you think is evil another person does not have a problem with. There is a freedom of speech in this country, so therefore, I would be able to speak about anything. Including Satanism, but that does involve a highly selcetive group of people that I'm not at liberty to discuss with disbelievers of other possible religions.
    Anonymous

• You can post whatever you want, honestly. I'm not going to get offended by someone talking about satanism because I don't have to believe in it. If someone has a problem with a post, just don't read it. If you choose to read it, then that still doesn't mean you have to believe it. My faith is strong and I won't be swayed just by reading something so if it makes you feel better, and you think it is the right thing to do, then go ahead.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 8:40 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• No response at all. If the subject was included in the title, I wouldn't even read it.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 8:53 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I am a Satanist. I don't choose evil over good. In fact, I don't even believe in "evil". Like another person said, "evil" is all in your perception....and that's different for everyone. No one wants to go to hell and be tortured, and no one really wants bad things to happen to themselves or others for no reason but their fondness for evil. That is STUPID. Some of you obviously need to do some research before you judge.

Those who say you would ignore it, I guess ignorance IS bliss.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 9:07 PM on Mar. 23, 2009