What's the point of deleting the cookies off your computer?

does it make your computer run better or faster?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:58 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Some cookies, tracking cookies in particular, send information about sites you visit and so forth back to the place that set the cookies. You should be familiar with your cookies (as funny as that sounds) and delete those you aren't sure about. The easiest thing to do is to delete all, you just have to sign in again to all the sites you visit. Don't refuse all cookies, because then you can't navigate the sites you like and remain logged in. Deleting cookies would make your computer run a little faster. Better for that is to defrag. I have my computer set to ask me if I want to accept cookies, and unless it is a site I want to login to, I refuse the cookies.

Answer by Bmat at 8:02 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• some cookies can be bad.. just like too many cookies cause upset tummies, too many computer cookies (can) cause spyware and viruses. Best to get them away to avoid the temptation lol!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 8:07 PM on Mar. 23, 2009