Can i refuse the spinal/epidural?

Even if i have to have a csection. Can they make me get one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:02 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You got to be trolling!
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 8:04 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• they only give that to you If you Request it. so yes....as for the c-section part, you'll have to get it, or get knocked out.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 8:04 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Why would you do that? and if you are having a c section, no you cant.
    Candice369

Answer by Candice369 at 8:05 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Ummm, it's either that or they knock you out...they won't cut you open with out anesthetic.

Anonymous

• yes i mean can i make them knock me out and refuse spinal. I do not want a needle in my back i dont trust tjem and i have metal back there.
    Anonymous

• I want to be there if you have a c-section without anesthesia. Nobodys that tough. lol I did'nt have nothing for my babies, I had them both natural,but aint no way in hell,I would let them cut me open without something.What Kind of woman are you lol
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 8:08 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• i had a c- section and a SPINAL- they cannot cut thru that many layers of skin tissue muscle and plecenta on adrenaline alone- trust me- you WANT IT- or get knocked out.. get the spinal- it feels like a bad bee sting- your whole lower half goes numb and you see your baby the minute they pull him out- its amazing and you dont want to be asleep thru it!
    nooneyouknow

Answer by nooneyouknow at 8:14 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Yes, it's harder to convince them but it is your choice to have a spinal or be put to sleep
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 8:15 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I had a friend who had to be put under completely because she has rods in her back and they could not do an epidural or a spinal on her.
    LauraEK

Answer by LauraEK at 8:18 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• its totaly ur choice
    raynell23

Answer by raynell23 at 8:25 PM on Mar. 23, 2009