Baby 's first tooth?

sOo.. my daughter is 10 months & we've been wondering when her first tooth would finally come in... lately she's been trying to bite us.. i thought it was kinda funny cuz it always tickled.. and today.. as i was letting her taste some food with my finger.. i noticed... something.. sharp. i think she finally has her first tooth!!!!!!

weird thing though.. it's at the top.. to the side. i thought they were supposed to come in from the bottom first..

is that ok? since she's still a baby it's not really anything to worry about, right?

*tee hee.. my daughter has a fang. isn't that cute...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:04 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Our 11 month old still have has no teeth but I'm not worried. My oldest got her first one at 17 months. and our second at just over 9 months. While the bottom two come first most of the time, its ok if others come first. I have also been told by all our dentist that the later they get the teeth generally the healthier they are...same is true if a child looses their baby teeth later too.
    marbear98

Answer by marbear98 at 10:08 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I've known babies who have gotten their "fangs" first. I highly doubt it is anything to cause any worry.
    Duckieglc

Answer by Duckieglc at 8:15 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• No need to worry. :) It's actually good that she is a *later* teether because the teeth are stronger. :) my daughter's first tooth was at 10.5 months old!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 8:16 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I wish my son were waiting to start to teethe... he is three months old and the same tooth is coming in that you were describing, I thought he was too young to be teething, but I called his pediatrician and he seems to be.
    littlest.angel

Answer by littlest.angel at 9:01 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• 3 months is young littlestangel, but it does happen. lol. my LO just broke her first two through a week or so ago. she broke one through one day and the next the next day. they are the two typical bottom ones though. she is still teething really bad though. i think she is trying to do everything at once. lol.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:50 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I fear my son is saving it up as well.... 10.5 months and still no teeth. My Dentist said that it is normal to get the middle teeth first; but not to worry; every baby is different. Just watch as the next ones come in to make sure they are lining up and spacing properly.
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 10:02 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• all babies get their teeth differently.. our little man, never had any signs of teething for his first two at 5 months.. and now at 8 months, he's crabby a bit at times.. and three new ones are dropping in now.. two have broken thru...
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 10:30 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• My son got his first tooth at about 10 months. His "fang" came in first then his two bottom teeth. Now the next eye tooth is coming in on top and no front top teeth. It looks a little goofy but cute.
    myangel21

Answer by myangel21 at 11:49 PM on Mar. 23, 2009