What is going on?

My daughter I swear has done a 360 in her life. She used to be so good. She would help me clean her toys, she would listen, for the most part, to me and her dad, she was potty training and going weeks without having an accident through the night and never through the day, but now she is acting up. Whining, throwing fits, not helping with cleaning up, and the worse she is starting to pee and poop in her pants. I am so frustrated and confused. Has this happened with anyone else or could anyone shed some light?

ILoveMCL

Asked by ILoveMCL at 8:04 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• this EXACT same thing is happening to me RIGHT NOW, my son is going to be three in may. and umm all i can think of is big change for them. my son is VERY attached to my grandmother but she started getting really sick lately so he cant spend as much time with her. the only thing that works for me, is i literally stopped disciplining him unless he was hurting him self or someone else. and i ignored everything. for about two days straight all i did was smile and say no please dont do that, in the most calm voice ive ever used. then we started a sticker chart. every single good thing he does, he gets to give himself a sticker. it was really cheap at walmart for the stuff. it cost less than five dollars total. we did foam stickers and stuff found by the scrapbooking things. it works and its cheap. good luck and i hope this helped!!! =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 8:16 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Thank you. We moved about three months ago and then my mom had sugergy on her neck so she couldn't go there on the weekends anymore. I was waiting after we moved for her to start acting out but it didn't happen that quickly so I didn't think it was an issue. I will try what you said. Thanks again
    ILoveMCL

Answer by ILoveMCL at 12:01 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• they say terrible two's, but in my case, it was the terrible 3's! Right before my son turned 3, he changed and I was about to lose my mind dealing with him. We were also remodeling our house and I was 7 mo. pregnant on bedrest w/ pneumonia, BUT STILL...he was a little turd and still acts that way sometimes.
    liltymesmom

Answer by liltymesmom at 11:12 PM on Mar. 26, 2009