Praying?

When your family prays before eating, do you guys hold hands around the table or not? Is there a special reason for holding hands in prayer? Just a curious question...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:05 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• There are many ways people pray some on their knees, head bowed,hands up in the air, outloud or quiet. We do it all in different situations. There are times I lay hands on others and times I rebuke the enemy outloud. Whatever I feel like doing. It doesn't matter Go knows your heart so just surrender to Him if you want to be closer to Him. Using scripture during prayer is really good. Its your sword so we have to memorize them. Blessings!
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 8:15 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I rarely pray before eating. When I do, it's in my mind. (Like Thanksgiving Day) I'm grateful year round, and God sees my heart.

timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 8:07 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I pray in my own way and encourage my kids to do so too. It doesn't have to be in the "traditional" way.
    Anonymous

• Just like Jesus prayed before He served food at Passover, My husband prays before we eat our meals.
    Holding hands is just for a sense of closeness. sometimes we hold hands, sometimes not. My 2 boys have sensory prolems and holding hands is difficult sometimes. so sometimes we do E.T. prayers (pointer fingers just touching the other persons pointer finger) or sometimes touching pinkies or something. I'm too big on the hand holding, but it seems to be important to my husband .

As someone said. God does see our heart and knows we are thankful, but He also tells us He likees to hear us tell Him that. He likes to hear up pray, praise, worship.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 8:41 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• We hold hands, for us it is a symbol of unity and agreement.
    ministrymom

Answer by ministrymom at 10:10 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• We do hold hands when we ask the blessing, and most of the time, we form a circle. If it's just my husband and me, we simply join hands. I don't really think there is a reason for it. We just like doing it that way. We are a very affectionate family, and it just sort of comes naturally for us to do it that way. We ask the blessing and hold hands even when we go out to eat. There are 12 of us now, and I hope that it makes a statement of our family's faith to those who are observing, though we are not doing it to be seen, except by God.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:24 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• We never did that when I was a child so it feels contrived to me. Just to me, mind you, if others like it, that's fine. However, my sister's husband was not a believer when she married him but God led his heart and now he does believe in Christ. He always reaches for hands when we pray in their presence whether it is supper or just what. I do that with him because he likes the close feeling.
    callmeann

Answer by callmeann at 6:42 PM on Mar. 26, 2009