Do you ever think your husband/S.O. lacks common sense??

Saturday evening (before dark) we decided to have a bbq with our new neighbors to welcome them to the neighborhood. while i was cooking inside, my husband was cooking on the grill in the backyard and watching our 2 year old. he walks in the house and LEFT OUR 2 YEAR OLD ALONE OUTSIDE!!!! so i stopped what i was doing and walked outside and our son was running to the playground a few houses down!!! i thought it was common sense to not leave the 2 year old outside alone but maybe i was wrong. lol. just so everyone knows our son was fine and i threw a fit so i dont think it will be a problem anymore.
does anyone else ever think their hubby/S.O. lacks common sense???? :)

SThompson21

Asked by SThompson21 at 8:12 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My husband has done all kinds of dumb stuff, he get's better but sometimes it's like having another kid to look after!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 8:14 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I don't think it----I know it LOL
    dle4125

Answer by dle4125 at 8:15 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Heck yeah, No common sense AT ALL! S peaking of leaving kids somewhere. We went to the grocery store yesterday and I was busy getting stuff out the car and my hubby usually gets our LO but he just walks away. I'm like Hello...you're forgetting someone...And he tried to play it off like Oh, I though you had got him out. I was in shock and kind of scared now to let my DS go anywhere with him alone.

Anonymous

• oh heck yeah!
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 8:21 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Men do lack common sense.

But in your situation, if he was just walking in for a minute, I don't think it is such a big deal. I have taught my girls to stay put. It's something they need to learn. But I probably would have reacted in the same way.
    asTraySoJouRner

Answer by asTraySoJouRner at 8:22 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• They may have a different set of priorities than we do because their responsibilities are different. You'd think your husband would have known to keep an eye on the little one, but if he isn't used to watching him, then maybe that's what happened- he underestimated how quickly the child would take off.

Answer by Bmat at 8:29 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• He sounds like he just was distracted. But, as you know, distracted dad or mom sometimes equals an injured kid.

I'm glad your son was okay. I can picture our two year old doing the same thing, yelling "kids!"
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 8:34 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• YEAH!!!!!!! I think their brains are missing the common sense gene or something. You just can't explain why men do the things they do and it starts when they are in puberty!!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:37 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• rolling on floorDid you just use husband and common sense in the same sentence?

salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:09 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• haha
    myboyfriend betta not do dat
    lanlan

Answer by lanlan at 4:51 PM on Mar. 24, 2009