My boyfriend is on parole and I have section 8?

Has anyone ever had a boyfriend on parole and be on section 8? If so did section 8 ever find out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:19 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• Sounds like you aren't supposed to be doing something if there is a chance someone could "find out". Why risk getting in trouble? If you have kids and are on section 8, why would you compromise it in anyway to house a parolee. Is this man the father of your children? I've had family members that I care for very much be parolees, but I wouldn't risk a roof over my kids heads for them. Not trying to be judgemental, just want to see you cover your ass!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 8:30 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• That is so wrong. You have children and you could loose your section 8 by letting someone else live or stay with you (on parole or not) your kids and a roof over their head are FAR more important than a boyfriend. If he's old enough to get sent to jail, he's old enough to get his own place and not mooch off you and those innocent kid(s).
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 8:42 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• First, your boyfriend cannot live with you when you are on Section 8, you can loose it forever if they find out and you will have to pay back the money Section 8 paid out. Also, you signed forms about people in your house that are on parole, so that may be an issue too. I do know that there can be NO illegal drugs in your house..yours or someone elses. Don't risk the roof over your head for anyone, don't be stupid.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:45 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• You are the kind of person that people get PO'd about. That would be abusing the system! Why the heck do you want someone like that around your kids? Lose the jerk, he is a loser.

Anonymous

• i agree why risk your home. Your raising your baby there right? Sorry but too me having him there is a risk that's far greater then the rewards.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:57 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• You absolutely cannot have a person on parole living with you while you are on section 8. You will lose your housing allowance and not be able to reapply for a long time. There is only a certain amount of help available it needs to go to the people who will not break the rules. You are risking your children's home in favor of your boyfriend. Section 8 does not OWE you or boyfriend housing and you will have to pay them back WHEN they find out.

Just so you know, someone will turn you in. Before we purchased our house my husband and I lived in an upper flat. The woman downstairs was on Section 8 and had not only her boyfriend living there, but also her mom. She lost her assistance, was charged the full rent by the landlord and charged back payment from Section 8. She was evicted.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 8:59 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• You really need to figure out what's more important in your life, some guy that only wants you for a roof over his head so he does'nt go back to jail or just to get out of jail or your child/children????????? People like you PISS ME OFF. How about worrying about raising your child/children. Yes, you will get caught.. So ask yourself this" would you like DCF on your ass" ???or "would you rather kiss your child goodnight and good morning??? Tell your man to find another place to lay he's head if he really cares about you and you child he will find some place else. True colors come out in the end....
    Anonymous

• For the one with the boyfriend on parol: This comes from someone who runs two properties funded by section 8. I have a total of 80 units that I am responsible for and I can tell you from experience that it won't be a matter of if you are discovered its a matter of when. Instead of wondering about things read your lease first and most important. Your lease, I am sure clearly states that you must have approval before moving anyone into your unit. So this is what you are up against 1st you signed a lease that states moving someone in without permission is not allowed. 2nd you sign a 50059 that again clearly states the same. 3rd each time you sign the 50059 you are acknowleging this everytime. So the question I have is how many times have signed your lease or renewed your lease and how many times have you signed 50059's several would be my guess.
    Anonymous

• continued: So in signing the lease and the 50059's you have committed that many counts of fraud against the property and HUD. And on top of that its the proof the manager/owners need to prove their case that you had more then enough warnings of the rules. You wonder how we find out normally its someone else on the property that gives you away because you made them mad, a car that is parked in an asigned parking space of another tenant,its the pictures that the survalance camera's pick up or the pictures management may take as evidences to prove the case of fraud. Is it worth it???? You could be looking at 5yrs in prison and up to $10000.00 in fines.
    Anonymous

• The other side of the coin is, you think that your neighbors won't turn you in???? Hmmm well here they are doing everything possible to feed their children struggling and working their fingers to the bone and you are sitting on your behind with a rent of $25.00 a month and b/f is bring in the money and you get to live high on the hog. And they may be paying rent much higher then you and can't even put a coat on their childs back. Other tenants due wonder and they do tell and do feel its unfair that people like you do what you do. And like I said if your b/f isn't working that really says alot about your relationship most likely you are a free ride and nothing more. Because if he had respect for you and your family then he to would do the right thing and help instead of hurt and leave you holding the bag when everything falls apart. Because his name isn't on a thing and he won't be the one going to jail or paying the fines.
    Anonymous