Will it affect my baby if i dont take the prental vitamins?? it makes me nausea

will it hurt my baby if i dont take the vitamins

raynell23

Asked by raynell23 at 8:27 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It is best that you do take it. Either try taking it at night or either ask your doctor for something different.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 8:28 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• i would buy a new brand
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 8:29 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• thanx hun
    raynell23

Answer by raynell23 at 8:29 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Well, the vitamins are important, especially the folic acid. Ask you doctor about this. Also ask if you can take the Flintstones kid's vitamins instead. (No iron in those.) Usually women who complain about being nauseated due to their prenatals, it's the iron that's causing that. A lot of people get nauseated when they take iron. Good luck.
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 8:30 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Have you tried taking them at night? That helped my nausea. My friend had to stop taking the vitamins per her doctors orders because she was too sick....you can always eat the right kinds of foods instead.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 8:30 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I have to be honest, I didnt take them with my first two. I couldnt get them down without gagging throwing up. They are just so big and I hate taking any type of pill. Both of them are fine. However, I did find out with this little guy Im having that you can take 2 Flintsones with iron.That way you just chew two and be done. Doc said to just make sure you get the ones with iron and to also make sure they stay put away so small children cant get to them.

TLW514

Answer by TLW514 at 8:32 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I had same issue and so I talked to my Dr and he said take Flinstones for kids with Iron and it's very easy on my stomach and goes does great!!
    momof4520

Answer by momof4520 at 8:37 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• honestly, it would prob be a risk, but do you think they took vitamins in the old days? nope. its just for precaution. try eating foods that are high in the minerals your vitamins contained. :)
    soccermom2009X0

Answer by soccermom2009X0 at 8:37 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Prenatal vitamins suck and half the time don't digest properly.

Take a kids gummy vitamin or something. Don't worry about it. Eat lots of fruits and veggies!
    asTraySoJouRner

Answer by asTraySoJouRner at 8:38 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I never took them. they made me sick to my stomach. I couldn't even take two flinstone vits a day like they suggest. I just made sure I upped my diet to help make up for the lack of the supplemental vitamins. my kids where all large and very healthy.
    saralouise

Answer by saralouise at 8:44 PM on Mar. 23, 2009