How do you clean a ceramic stovetop?

RomansMom25

Asked by RomansMom25 at 8:30 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Home & Garden

• My mother has a special cleaning solution she wipes it down with. She got it at Lowes where she got her stove. Not sure exactly what its called but it is safe for ceramic stovetops. It doesnt scratch.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:31 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I have a cook top and have special cleaner for it. I got mine cheaper at Walmart.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:58 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I've used the cleaner recommended by Lowe's/Home Depot, but haven't had very good results. There is a cleaning group on here that recommended Soft Scrub. I've started using it and it works really well. Its great for bath tubs too! There is a Soft Scrub with bleach and one without bleach. I use the one without.
    bbysqd

Answer by bbysqd at 9:15 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Soft Scrub works great and does not scratch my stove top!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 10:28 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• google Cerama-bryte or brite. don't know the spelling. I have a shiny BLACK top and it cleans and shines it up easily! it comes with a scraper and a little scrubby pad that won't scratch the burnt on surface area. Hope you like it.
    Lipstk713

Answer by Lipstk713 at 11:51 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Pour warm olive oil on it set it set for a bit then wipe up the mess. Wipe again with soapy water to get rid of the oil and dry.
    meganiph

Answer by meganiph at 7:36 PM on Apr. 1, 2009