Does anyone know where I could get cooking lessons for me and my 7 year old?

I am wanting to help my child to eat better and I figured if she helped with the cooking she would eat it. We are both picky eaters and I was hoping this would help.

mrsrose2001

Asked by mrsrose2001 at 8:40 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I saw recently on the Food Network about places where you can go in and make your own to-go meals according to recipes. Google the term: Make it yourself restaurant
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 8:46 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• also, i dont know if you have a Nintendo DS but they have those cooking games on there with actual recipes and such.

our library here has some cooking activities in the summer a lot.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:12 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Thanks a lot for you answers. I actually do have a DS but I forgot about the game...I'll have to try it. I'm also gonna google the term from Food Network. Thanks a bunch!
    mrsrose2001

Answer by mrsrose2001 at 9:42 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• What a great way to get your daughter involved in the process! Depending on where you live, there are some grocery stores that offer parent/child cooking lessons. They are great. My daughter used to love the American Girl Cook books. There are a couple kids cookbooks (including American Girl) on page 3 & 4 http://astore.amazon.com/wwwcjkidzcom-20?node=6&page=3

momjs

Answer by momjs at 11:10 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• You can contact your local Cooperative Extension service.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 9:34 PM on Mar. 25, 2009