Advice please my 5 yr old son has the flu !

I was in the hospital all day with him they told me he has Influenza type A I have been trying to help him feel better but he only seems to be getting worse fever wont go down he has lost his voice to any moms here have kids that have had the flu? What can help him?

rissa1789

Asked by rissa1789 at 8:41 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Kids' Health

• try pedalight sorry im not sure how to spell it
    Anonymous

• let him play in a luke warm bath and i have always been told to put a cotton ball of rubbing alcohol on his belly button and it will help pull the fever out. i have never tried this and dont know if it works but its worth a shot. good luck and i hope this helps your little guy
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 8:44 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• The BRAT diet. Clear liquids and rotate Motrin and Tylenol for fever. Not much you can do for the flu, but rest, rest, rest! Good luck.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 8:47 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Keep him hydrated if he has a fever. Sipping liquids, cool liquids, I'd say, because he has the fever. Sipping through a straw might encourage him. Jello is something that may get him to eat a little bit. If he's lost his voice then put a little honey in a cup and add a bit of lemon- this is good for sore throat. Bathe his forehead and face with a cool damp cloth. Change his jammies and sheets a couple times a day. If he resists drinking. see if you can insist that he takes a swallow every 10 or 15 minutes.

Answer by Bmat at 9:10 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Honey, there really isn't much you can do. My whole family was down with the flu recently and the best thing is to keep hydrated, and rest. Maybe if he likes popsicles, that might be an option for you to get fluids in him. You're in my prayers,Sweetie!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 10:36 PM on Mar. 23, 2009